I really believe that small groups are a crucial part of our discipleship process. They offer a unique environment of life-on-life prayer, support, encouragement, accountability, and growth. On Sunday I gave the following ten reasons as to why our folk should be in one of our midweek prayer and Bible-study groups if they aren’t already:
- You’ll find a warm welcome from friends who will encourage you and pray for you
- You’ll grow in your knowledge, love, and service of the Lord Jesus
- You’ll go deeper in applying God’s word to your life and situation
- You’ll find a place where you can use your gifts in encouraging and praying for others
- You’ll find a place to practically work out the 59 ‘one-anothers’ of the New Testament
- You’ll see, experience, and hear first-hand accounts of answered prayer
- You’ll get to experience the joy of accepting and offering hospitality
- You’ll enjoy great social times (which mostly revolve around food!)
- You’ll have a group of people to connect your friends into
- You’ll have a great time!
What would you add to this list?