I mentioned a while back a book by Al Pittampalli called Read This Before Our Next Meeting. It’s only 70 pages and was a kindle freebie produced and recommended by Seth Godin’s Domino Project. I got it when it was free. It’s now about £3 – maybe worth it, but having just re-skimmed it the essence of it is his 7 principles for modern meetings which are:
The Modern Meeting:
1. supports a decision that’s already been made
2. moves fast and ends on schedule
3. limits the number of attendees
4. rejects the unprepared
5. produces committed action plans
6. refuses to be informational. Reading memos is mandatory
7. works only alongside a culture of brainstorming
It’s a little bit business world and impersonal, but I think he has some helpful things to say.
Food for thought!